Degrees, Certificates and Certifications
- PhD, Texas Tech University
- MS, Texas Tech University
- BA, Loyola University, New Orleans
Why I am at NU
I am an advocate of free enterprise as the number one means of promoting peace and harmony among humankind, and improving the welfare of the least well off among us.
I share my dream with Richard Cobden, who said in 1846, “I see in the Free-trade principle that which shall act on the moral world as the principle of gravitation in the universe,—drawing men together, thrusting aside the antagonism of race, and creed, and language, and uniting us in the bonds of eternal peace. . . . when man becomes one family, and freely exchanges the fruits of his labour with his brother man.”
- “Two Opposing Literary Critiques of Socialism: George Orwell Versus Eugen Richter and Henry Hazlitt,” The International Journal of Pluralism and Economics Education (IJPEE) 7:2 (2016), pp. 116-134.
- “George Orwell as a Public Choice Economist,” The American Economist 60:2 (2015): 183-208.
Consulting or Research Specialties
- Public choice
- Constitutional political economy
- Applied econometrics